Once you have a Rain SIM card in your phone and a data plan, you will need APN settings specific to the Rain network so you can connect to the internet. These settings are normally retrieved automatically by your phone but when it doesn’t, you will need to set them manually. The settings for iPhones and Android devices are as shown below.
Rain APN Internet Settings for iPhone and iPad
For an iPhone, navigate to Settings > Mobile Data > Mobile Data Network then input the settings below. Click back then restart your device. restarting allows your iPhone to use these settings though you do not need a restart at times.
- APN: rain
- Username: (leave it blank)
- Password: (leave it blank)
Rain APN Internet Settings for Android Smartphones and Tablets
For Android devices on Rain network, navigate to Settings -> Mobile Networks-> Access Point name -> Add New then save for 3G and 4G internet data settings. If you can’t find it directly in this location, head over to settings then search for ‘access point name’. Restart your device for the settings to take effect.
Here are Rain South Africa APN Internet Settings:
- Name: Rain
- APN: rain
- Username: Not Set
- Password: Not Set
- Proxy : (leave it blank – not set )
- Port : (Leave it blank – not set)
- Server : (leave it blank )
- MMSC : ( Leave it blank )
- Multimedia Message proxy : (leave blank)
- Multimedia message port : (Not Set)
- MCC : (default)
- MNC : (default)
- Authentication type : (none)
- APN type : (default,supl)
- APN protocol : (IPv4)
- Bearer : (Unspecified)
- Mobile virtual network operator : (none )
Choose the preferred network type as LTE/WCDMA/GSM on Android then restart your phone.
If you still cannot connect to the internet, ensure that you have a data plan and be in an area where there is network coverage. Ensure that you have an active and registered SIM Card. Visit Rain’s official website to activate your SIM and purchase data bundles.
- Telkom South Africa Internet Settings
- Cell C South Africa Internet Setting
- MTN South Africa Internet Settings
- Vodacom South Africa Internet Settings